Providing a new user with the appropriate role in HyperComply is an essential step towards ensuring all of the information in your Knowledge Base is being crafted and approved by the appropriate team member.
After you invite a new user to your workspace, you can adjust the user’s permissions by selecting the drop down menu to the right of their name. Any new member will be invited as a User automatically, but can be bumped up to an Approver or Admin by any Admin of the workspace.
But, what exactly does each role have permission to view or modify in your HyperComply workspace?
In a questionnaire, a User can...
- Answer questions, edit answers, comment on a question.
- Can filter questions.
- Can assign questions.
- Can complete / uncomplete questionnaires.
- Can assign an Owner only if there is no Owner assigned.
- Can assign a due date.
- Can delete an In Progress, Completed, or Pending Questionnaire that they own.
- Cannot delete a Reference Questionnaire they own.
In Settings, a User can...
- Can add a member with User permissions. Cannot set or change their Role.
- A User cannot edit Compliance Information.
An Approver will have all of the same permissions as the User above, as well as:
- Can approve questions.
- Can flag questions.
- Can edit Compliance Information.
An Admin will have all of the same permissions as the User and Approver above, in addition to:
- Can delete any questionnaires, even if they are owned by others.
- Can set and change a member's role (can assign the Approver role, can assign the Admin role).
- Can add / edit segments.
- Can add / edit / delete integrations.
- Can add / edit / delete SAML / SSO.
Your workspace Admin can also invite as many team members as are needed to complete security questionnaires and RFPs, with no additional charge.
Questions about your role? Reach out to your workspace Admin or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.