If your team collaborates in Slack, you can now share and answer security questions from within the platform too. With this Slack integration, it’s easier than ever to share specific questions with your team members and get them answered quickly. You can do this through a direct message, or post a link to the question in any channel.
Setting up your integration
To connect your company Slack to your HyperComply workspace, first ask your CSM to turn on the integration capabilities.
- From your Settings tab, click Integrations, Add to Slack
- A user who is an Admin of both HyperComply and Slack needs to allow this integration
- If you have multiple Slack workspaces, you can select your organization from the dropdown menu in the top right corner
- Click Allow, then you will automatically be brought back to HyperComply settings
- Click Sign in with Slack to connect as a user
- Each user in your HyperComply workspace is required to sign into their Slack account before they are able to answer questions sent via Slack
That's it! Slack has now been successfully authorized for your workspace.
Sending a question
To send a question, first navigate to the question and answer pairing you'd like to share.
- Click the arrow button on the right side of Q&A pairing
- From here, you can choose to Copy the link or Send via Slack
If you choose to send via Slack, the question will be sent to your team member as a DM from HyperComply.
Links can be sent to anyone at your company, but the ability to edit answers is also restricted to only users with connected accounts.
Answering a question
Once you've been sent a question, you can add or edit an answer directly from Slack. (This option is only available for users in your workspace who have connected their Slack account to HyperComply.)
- Click Edit Answers to complete in Slack
- If you have not yet connected your Slack account to HyperComply, you will be prompted to do so in order to answer the question
- Enter your answer and click Save
- Saved answers will appear in real-time. You may need to refresh the app if your browser was open before clicking Save
If your organization uses Knowledge Segments, those assigned to the questionnaire will be displayed above the question on the Slack preview.
You can also use the link provided to open the question & answer pairing within the HyperComply web app, and add your answer there.